MLS LIVE is available in the United States, Canada and Mexico using live.mlssoccer.com, iOS devices, Android devices, Roku, Apple TV, and Google's Chromecast Media Player. MLS LIVE is not available to fans living or traveling outside of North America.
MLS LIVE is the perfect companion to your cable subscription. With MLS LIVE you can watch hundreds of out-of-market regionally televised matches not available with your cable package. It's the best way to keep track of your hometown team while you are at school or living in another state. In short, MLS LIVE makes every game a nationally televised match.
MLS WORKS ON MULTIPLE DEVICES:
MLS LIVE is available on your computer, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, Roku, Apple TV, Panasonic TVs, and Google's Chromecast Media Player. Watch multiple matches at once using the "multi-game" feature within the web browser version of MLS LIVE. Or, log into each of your devices to watch different matches simultaneously.
Your subscription also includes access to an archived version of every regular season match so you can relive your favorite moments from the year, anytime.
Key features of the web version:
- DVR Functionality - Rewind to review a great play or catch something you missed.
- Slow Motion - Click to view any part of a game in slow motion; it's like creating your own highlight.
- Live Button - If you rewind to review a great play, go back to the live stream in one click.
- Key Event Markers - We'll mark every goal and foul on the timeline for you so you can go back and watch great plays with a single click.
- Stats - Get up-to-the-minute match stats.
- Formations - View the lineups for each team.
- Blackout Checker - From the SCHEDULE page, you can find out if a game will be available in your area with a single click.
NATIONAL TV BLACKOUTS APPLY FOR MOST ALL USERS:
Matches airing on ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FOX Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, UniMas, and Univision Deportes Network (UDN) are blacked out in the United States, but are available in the archives 48 hours after the match.
Matches airing on TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 are blacked out in Canada, but are available in the archives 48 hours after the match.
LOCAL BLACKOUTS APPLY FOR MANY FANS:
Local broadcast blackouts are set by the clubs and their broadcast partners. Fans should watch their local team on the club's local broadcast partner. MLS is intended to provide access to out-of-market, regionally televised matches not available with your cable package. The service not replace your cable package. Visit http://mlssoccer.com/blackout for more information on local blackout regions.
MLS LIVE uses you current location to apply the correct blackout policy. If you move to a new state or are traveling the blackout policies adjust to your location. (MLS LIVE is not available to fans living or traveling outside of North America.)
Hotels, universities, or a company VPN connecting to proxy servers sometimes make it difficult to correctly determine your location. If you feel like you are being blacked out incorrectly, please write to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our live chat - we'll need the following details:
- Your MLS LIVE username
- Your IP address
- A description of any error messages or warning messages you are receiving
PASSWORDS AND USERNAMES:
To retrieve your password, visit the SIGN IN page and select the "Forgot Password" link. We'll will send your password to the e-mail address on your MLS LIVE account.
Remember that passwords are case sensitive. Make sure caps lock is not on when entering your password.
Sharing of your username and password is prohibited. Users that want to try MLS LIVE before purchasing should use our free five-minute sample (use the link at the bottom of the SIGN IN page).
"Waiting For Feed"
When "Waiting For Feed" appears in MLS LIVE, it means that the game is coming soon, but no live feed is available from the stadium yet. Typically, live feeds become available at the game's scheduled start time, so check back at that time to view the live game.
When "Not Available" appears in MLS LIVE, it means that the video feed is blacked out or the match is not being televised, so we don't have a feed to provide.
Video not playing
Make sure you have pressed the play button and wait a minute or two. If you still cannot play the video then your issue may be due to the following:
- Low Hard Drive Space - Windows temporarily stores videos on your hard drive for play back. Make sure you have at least 300 Megabytes of space free.
- Low Memory - if your computer has less then the minimum 256 MB of memory or you are running many applications at the same time, close other applications before playing a video.
- Low Bandwidth - it is required that you have either a Cable or DSL modem providing at least 750 kbps download speed. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less then this speed.
Videos taking long to start and/or not playing smoothly
This is most likely due to low internet bandwidth. It is required that you have either a Cable or DSL modem providing at least 750 kbps download speed. Make sure you are not downloading music, movies, or games at the same time as this consumes your bandwidth. Note that if you are on a shared network, other people may be consuming your bandwidth. For example if your children are using the web at the same time you are. Contact your internet provider if you suspect you are getting less internet bandwidth then you should.
Fluctuating video quality/Poor video quality
MLS LIVE will provide the optimal video quality depending on the current download bandwidth of your Internet connection, up to a maximum of 3Mbps. The video player uses adaptive bandwidth technology to periodically check your Internet connection and the processing power of your machine to deliver you the optimal video quality experience. If the available bandwidth changes as you watch a match, the picture quality will fluctuate.
Applications which consume significant bandwidth or CPU, such as file sharing applications (e.g. emule, bittorrent), may compete with video streamed on MLS LIVE and thus reduce video quality. It is recommended to close these applications while watching video on MLS LIVE or limit their bandwidth usage. Downloading large files or using real-time applications, such as VoIP, may reduce video quality as well.
Spinning circle or empty black screen or white screen
This may be related to a web browser media player plug-in issue, follow these steps to resolve:
- First step, uninstall Adobe Flash Plug-in.
- On a PC, do this through your CONTROL PANEL > ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
- On a Mac, drag Adobe Flash Player from applications to your Trash; or use Finder to locate Adobe Flash Player install manager, and uninstall
- Once you have removed Adobe Flash, ***restart your computer***
- Finally, download/install Flash directly from Adobe's website: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Minimum Windows Requirements
- Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz or equivalent processor with a minimum of 1GB of memory
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or above, or Firefox 2.5 or above
- Adobe Flash 11.1: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html
- Sufficient Internet connection bandwidth, 850kbps or higher
- Hardware acceleration-capable graphic card
Minimum Mac Requirements
- Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz or higher processor with a minimum 1GB of memory
- Mac OS X 10.4+
- Adobe Flash 11.1: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer.html
- Firefox v2.5+: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
- Internet connection bandwidth: 850 kbps (DSL/Cable or higher) minimum, or higher recommended.
- Video adapter and monitor: Super VGA (1024x768) or higher.